Applying for any credit card can be complicated, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are a few things you need to know about applying for the Lowe’s credit card that will make the process a breeze for you. The lowes credit card starts off with an intro purchase apr of anywhere from 0% – 7.99% with a minimum 23 day grace period.
Any time you apply for any credit card, you’ll need to provide certain information before they can approve your application. You can receive a 5% discount every day when you spend using your lowes credit card and you can receive special financing when you spend $299 or more.
• Legal name
• Home address
• Housing type—This is optional, but what you answer will help Lowe’s determine the risk of supplying you with credit. This also can impact your limit and the APR. No option in housing type (rent, own or other) will automatically disqualify you.
• Phone number and phone type—This is the number the company will call if they need to, so it should be a phone you have around on a regular basis.
• Email address—This is how you’ll stay updated on payments and statements, so make sure it’s one you use often.
• Social security number—Providing this information can be scary, but it’s essential to the credit application. Your social security number is the way the bank (in this case, Synchrony Bank, via Lowe’s) can confirm you are who you say you are in the application.
• Date of birth—You must be at least 18 to apply for a credit card.
• Annual net income—The amount of money you make per year plays a large role in determining the amount of credit you get once approved. Your net income is the amount you have once taxes are removed. You can include whatever income you rely on for credit, including alimony, child support, and assets. Once you’re armed with this information, you’re ready to apply for a Lowe’s credit card.
How to Apply for a Lowe’s Credit Card
You may apply for a Lowe’s credit card within the store. In that case, one of their employees will walk you through the process. If you’d prefer not to leave the comfort of your home to apply, this is how to do so online. Go to the Lowe’s website. Among all the advertised deals, there may be a banner for applying for the credit card. If you don’t see it, don’t worry.
Just scroll to the bottom of the page. There’s a button near the bottom (where there’s information about other stores and customer service) that’s shaped like a card. It says Lowe’s, Credit Card. Click it. This will take you to the Lowe’s credit center. There are two types of cards you can check out. Unless you’re looking on behalf of your business, you’ll want the Lowe’s, Advantage Card. Click the button beside it to learn more. You’ll end up on a page that touts the benefits of the card. Review those if you’d like, and when you’re ready, click the APPLY NOW button near the center of the screen. Once you do that, the site will ask what design you want. After you pick, it will take you to the application form.
Provide your information and you’re good to go. Credit is never something to be used lightly, but if wielded effectively, it can play a huge role in providing you will with the tools you need. When it comes to the Lowe’s credit card, it will literally provide you with those tools, and the process is so simple. If you’re thinking of applying, now’s the time to do it.